Apartment Haunting

No, it’s not a typo. I’m not that stupid. I really meant haunting.

After work yesterday, I hurried to get my bus ride and have me dropped off at a realty office to check out an apartment for rent in town. It looked really cool on the ad. One bedroom, kitchen, living room, swamp cooler, heater and SHARED BATHROOM.
I mean, it was $300/month so I figured that it might be worth checking out.

Off I went. Man, when I walked upstairs and saw the unit, it was okay. A bit funky but I love funky places. The kitchen was cute. The living room was big and the bedroom, I’d say if you’re claustrophobic, you’d probably die there on your first night.


The part that worried me the most was the bathroom part. Sharing a bathroom with a total stranger isn’t cool. At. all.


I took a peek of the bathroom and found it quite apalling. There were dirty laundry thrown on the floor. It was dark. Messy. And ummm, what made me most uncomfortable was when the “neighbor” stepped out of his door. It was a guy. A random-pierced-everywhere tattooed-all-over-the-body guy who had this nasty look.


My oh-shit radar went haywire!


No, I’m not discriminating. I’m just acting like a normal girl who is out to get an apartment on her own and is worried for her safety and her hygiene.


That was the big “NO” factor for me. Imagine yourself sharing a bathroom with a stranger! Seriously. I can’t even think about the thought itself.


I’m planning to put in an application for the MUCH NICER studio apartment I looked at after that interesting 1-bedroom-shared-bathroom experience.
We’ll see….

peace out

0 comment(s):