is it friday the 13th yet?

I was never superstitious on that "man made" scary/creepy day, until today where I have the slightest idea that today may be my "advance screw-up everything-goes-downhill" day.

It's my Wednesday the 11th. Great, I just made one up.

The day started with a very bad choice of taking a phone call without even checking the caller ID only to find out it was a cancellation of an interview, followed by a mix up of days when to reschedule plus coming across as being totally unavailable for two weeks.

At the risk of sounding desperate, I called back and clarified my schedule and flexibility.

Then I went online on the "secure" computer at home (which is Ger's) only to find out that Earthlink is down just when I needed to check my bank account. Sweet.

I pretty much gave up after a bunch of attempts laced with a lot of cussing out on the connection and still to no avail.

After some time, I had to get ready to go to work and just as we were on our driveway and was going to check the mail, I saw a package delivered for me lying ON THE GROUND, below our mailbox. Inches away from the main road, inches away from getting run over by some vehicle, inches away from disaster. Never mind that the package has the words "FRAGILE" all over it.

All I could say was, "What the f*ck?"

At that moment, I couldn't fathom the common sense of the carrier or what kind of IQ he/she has or how much lazy he/she was to just come knock on our door (which what usually happens when I receive large packages) or how hard it was to leave a note for us to claim a package at the post office because it was too large to fit in the mailbox?

Maybe he/she was rushing, too busy? How about maybe no pen to scribble a note?
Or probably a bad case of diarrhea that the package had to left lying on the ground?

Completely, unacceptable and upsetting.

We immediately went to the post office with the package unopened and reported happened. The Post Master said he'll talk to the carrier about it.

Afterwards, I opened the package in the car and as luck would have it the Hummel plate that I have been waiting for is broken, chipped, damaged and pathetic.

We had to double back and show the damage, again, to the Post Master. They checked if it was insured. I said it should be because the shipping postage I paid for includes insurance. They said it wasn't insured.

By this time, I was PISSED. My face could have said it all because the Post Master saw the stress on my face and all he could tell me is to document everything, make copies, get the transaction receipt, proof of insurance then he'd conduct an investigation.

"We'll start from there", he said. Bull.

I don't know who to get mad at, the stupid carrier who left the package on the ground and disregarded the "FRAGILE" sticker, the unapologetic Post Master, or the eBay seller who ripped me off by letting me pay a "required" insurance fee only to find out otherwise. From what I can remember, the eBay seller doesn't even know how to communicate. No email whatsoever.

I emailed her with pictures and all. I hope she won't ruin my day tomorrow with a negative response or worst, NO response.


By the time I got to work, I was hoping things won't get worst or I'll have a nervous breakdown.

I got to the back room and mopped the floor so I can think and ponder on what's up with my day, then I saw something that got caught in the mop.

I jumped and yelped when I realized it was a cricket!
I HATE crickets. They scare me. Even when they're dead.

Joe, my shift supervisor somehow made my day better and put the first smile on my face (without him knowing) by saying, "Uh uh. I'm gay. I don't do crickets."
And still, he picked it up with a paper towel and tossed the thing in the trash can.

Thank God, work was uneventful after that and it wasn't busy but night ended with me having a terrible headache from inhaling the cleaning solutions' fumes.

Tomorrow, I'm going camping for the first time with Ger. Let it be a much better day compared today.

4 comment(s):

pinagpala said...

...and to micai who keeps on bothering me on what to do with her blog..hahaha! thanks a lot for the help pril...its appreciated... im still not done with it though but hoping it will be better...hoping you won't get tired of helping me with my blog..hehe! have fun camping with Gerry!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate that your little plate was broken and you had to deal with ignorant people!
Hope you have a better weekend!

Can you maybe glue the plate? :-(
I hope so.

Hugs and Blessings,
Becca

Anonymous said...

I'm saying hello again...hope your well I saw you commented on Becca's sight and I was a bit jealous...oh well I miss you little April.

Sorry about your plate....

HuGs....Linda

Anonymous said...

Linda!

How are you, hun? :)

No, I absolutely didn't forget about you. I have been trying to comment on your site but then it won't let me. There's no cursor on your comment box and I even tried logging in but it still won't let me... :(