I survived...

my first camping trip. I do have to say that it's fun and (without the really cold weather after the sunset) it's pretty easy. We went camping in Berlin Ichthyosaur State Park. It has a beautiful camping ground and a fossil exhibit of a 95 million years old marine dinosaur. Pretty much amazing.

Ger and I didn't do the tent camping. We slept at the back of the car, we have a station wagon so it's pretty roomy and comfy. Not to mention, it helps a lot when the temperature dropped down fast as soon as the sun set.

I love the peaceful silence. I read and ate and sit by the fire and just be there with my husband. I slept behind the driver's seat so I have the view of the moon-lit sky and the stars. It was a spectacular view, without freezing, I was able to enjoy looking at the stars with Jack Johnson music playing on my iPod.

The next day, we woke up, packed up and went to the Ichthyosaur exhibit. An indescribable feeling crept on me when I saw the fossils. I envisioned what these giant reptiles look like. They're HUGE!

I also envisioned what Nevada was like before it was even called Nevada, during the Pangaea stage. 95 million years ago with dinosaurs roaming around and those marine dinosaurs swimming as well. It would be swampy, humid and moist. They were pretty much successful. They have been on Earth for 95 million years, before and after the Pangaea separation. Us, humans don't even come to quarter of their existence.

All in all, my experience was priceless. I learned and discovered a lot. Ger and I had a lot of time to unwind and relax. A well-worth trip.

1 comment(s):

pinagpala said...

it's nice to know u had a lot of fun camping with Gerry after pumps and shots at the coffee shop...nice layout pril..looooooooving it so much!