I guess I had him at hello

Here's the scenario when I just got to work today.

phone rings

Court: "(standard phone spiel)... Yes, she is in. Hold on one second."

hands the phone to me

Me: "For me?" (with a puzzled look)

Court: "Yes. I think it's Ger."

Me: (more puzzled look) "Hello? (no answer) Hello? (click)"

Me: "Court, who was it? He pretty much hang up on me."

Court: "Oh, I thought it was Ger. He said, "Hi Courtney, is April in today?". So I handed the phone to you."

Me: "That was not Ger, he just dropped me off on his way to a meeting. He doesn't have a cellphone because I have it and he doesn't call here. He doesn't even KNOW the number here."

The entire thing is so creepy and puzzling for me. Who would call Starbucks and ask if I'm in? I've NEVER ever had anybody called me at work.

I asked Ger and he said he didn't call. I was so sure he wasn't the one who called because:

a. he does not even know my work phone number
b. he calls me on the cell phone, like he always does
c. asking me if I was at work? umm, he just dropped me off at work!

So now, I'm entirely curious who is it and WHY?

I sure hope this isn't a budding stalker. (like that's going to happen)

1 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is a bit scary!! I would also be a little nervous. Yikes.

I hope he leaves you alone. Maybe it's and infatuated customer?