Be careful what you wish for...

Seriously. Because I'm in a predicament right now.

It's been a month ago when I was in the midst of panic, alarm, depression because I have been submitting job applications elsewhere and haven't heard anything from any of them.

Well, except for one, it's an adult facility here in town. I applied for part time receptionist, had an interview, surprisingly came out of it with another job offer, they wanted me to be a coordinator for a special care unit. I was up for it, it's a big task, a daunting one, but there's nothing I can't learn to do really, with proper training.

Weeks had passed, I haven't heard from them. I called for follow up and they told me that they're waiting until their "numbers" reach a certain point and they'll call me then (meaning, they're in need of few more patients).

Honestly, I just kind of gave up on it. So I went about looking for jobs, I landed an offer from the preschool that I used to teach at.

The starting pay is okay. They are aware of my part time job as a barista and are willing to work around my schedule. I was supposed to start on August 11th.

For some reason, as if a page is ripped out of a certain twisting plot novel, the assistant administrator of the adult facility walked in at Starbucks with me doing the front register.

We had a chit chat and she asked me if I received a call from them, I said I did not. She told me to call her because she has some information for me regarding the job I applied for.

To make the long story short, they want me for the receptionist job, full time with $400 a month difference from the pay that the preschool is offering.

I, of course, grabbed the opportunity. I will be starting come 19th of August.

Now, my problem is how do I break it to the preschool administrator. She has high hopes and is excited to have me back. Heck, she even had me on their newsletter even BEFORE I came in to see her.

Ger has been telling me not to be so umm... "personal" about this. He says that if the shoe is on the other foot, there would be no questions for taking the bigger opportunity.

I know all I need to do is to tell her and be honest.

Easier said than done. For some reason, I really feel bad. I don't want her to be disappointed and I don't want her to think I'm just using the preschool as a last resort for job opportunities.

Also, she will be on vacation first week of August, so she needs to find a replacement FAST. I really hate to do that to her.

*sigh*

Later today, Monday, is the day that I will be calling her back breaking the news.

Wish me luck.

On the other note, my. tooth. hurts. like. total. shit.
A filling in my tooth came off I wanted to kick that dentist's ass for charging me so much money and for doing such a crappy job. Too bad, he's half way across the globe.

3 comment(s):

refenoveso said...

they'll understand, just let them know ASAP.

{April} said...

thanks Haydee! :)

guess what, she's so awesome. she said she totally understand and that she's happy for me.

Wow. I'm glad that's over with.. :)

Anonymous said...

wow, it seems like when it rains, it pours. but at least you have a lot to choose from, and that's nice right? hope it all works out in the end! ;-)