Patience is virtue

But that doesn't apply to my customer this afternoon.

He's a pizza delivery guy who wanted a latte with sugar. Simple, right? Well, I realize it wasn't as simple as it seemed when I told him his total and he replied, "Sh*t".

The thing is he was in a hurry and after I rung up his drink, I also had to entertain the guy next in line, when I told him that, he got irritated saying, "Geez! I've been waiting here for 10 minutes!".

I replied, "Sir I'll take his order and after that, I'll start making your drink".

Luckily, the guy after him just wanted a brewed coffee. Easy.

It was just me and one other barista (and she's doing drive thru) so Pizza delivery guy had to wait, not to mention there were two customers' drinks ahead of his. We were doing the best we can.

He was watching our every move at the counter saying he's on a hurry, great-stressful hurry and made a point to tell us, "I'm in a hurry. I'm pretty sure the customers won't be happy waiting for their pizza delivery."

What amazes me is how people cause stress for themselves. He was making deliveries so there is time pressure. Now, why the heck would he stop to get a cup of coffee for himself when he has work to do?

It could have been a lot easier if he came AFTER making the deliveries.

0 comment(s):