Being grown up sucks sometimes...

because of such term called responsibilities and bills. The irony of getting a paycheck is just it's waiting to be spent.

Well, at least rent and bills are paid. I don't have that hanging over my head but my checking account is nearing bone dry

Normally, I would have freaked out over this. I'm really good and disciplined with my finances and have been able to save despite a minimal income.

Lately though, I've been trying to squeeze everything in and not having been able to save anything.

The boyfriend and I are planning a trip to the Philippines next year so he could meet my family. The idea is so exciting, the reality is I have to start saving for that trip. It's not exactly cheap.

Plus, we'll be going to Wisconsin this year to visit his family and he won't take no for answer. So I'm going. That's going to be another pay cut because I won't be at work, obviously.

*sigh*

I know this is not blogging etiquette at its finest. It was my personal vow not to divulge or blog anything about my finances.

But my worries and my silent freaking out moments are clouding my mind and I don't want the boyfriend to hear about it.

I'm sure he's had enough of it, so here I am venting it all out in my lonely space on cyberspace.

Like I said, being grown up sucks sometimes...

3 comment(s):

h. said...

i can so relate, hang in there. :)

Anonymous said...

Yup. I am so there too. You are not alone!

Andrea said...

I'm beginning to know what you are going through. And it does suck. But just hang in there. It'll work out.