Let the blues do the talking...


Merry Christmas, Cebu

As I'm typing this entry, it's already 2:00 am in Cebu, Philippines.I suppose, my parents already had their Noche Buena. I'm sure they'd invite the neighbors and our house is filled with our neighbors and their kids.


I miss the familiar smell of the food that's cooking in the kitchen, the Christmas carols playing, the carolers,the fireworks (literally. we kick ass on fireworks display during Christmas eve and New Year's eve), our neighbors blaring disco music dancing their hearts out.


My heart longs for home, for my family, for my friends whom I text nonstop and talk on the phone at the same time, for the festive feeling.


And yet, I also realize that home doesn't necessarily have to be a place. One can find home in company of friends. With all the drastic and dramatic changes in my life, I'm truly grateful I have quite a few friends who pulled me through.


This year, I'll be spending Christmas in my own home away from home with somebody who would do everything in his power to make me feel like home. That is the best Christmas present I could ever have.




2 comment(s):

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you're so homesick. It must be hard being away from family on a holiday like this, which is all about being with family and loved ones. I know we can't replace that, but we can be a sort of weird, dysfunctional family for you if you like! Lol. But seriously, your family is with you in spirit.

Anonymous said...

Hi pril... We always think of you here... Miss you gurl. Sometimes i feel sad because we're separated by our responsiblities in life. hehehe anyway that's life... but IM sure of one thing... that you always be in my heart whenever or wherever we are... mwahhhh love you... take care always... Happy to hear that you are HAPPY with David. Say thank you to him for me. and kiss pud.. hahah di ka malain.. hahahaha mwahhugggsss