Resisting the urge to scream out of frustration

4:oo pm - When nobody could give me any concrete answer of where we're going and what we'll be doing today, I told Ger that I want to go to the mall. He said "Sure, I'll take you".

4:20 pm - Ger said they'll drop me off the mall while MIL and him go get some errands done and we'll probably go to Hillsburg.

5:20 pm - MIL has decided to go to movies instead of the errands. Movie starts at 7:oo pm.

5:30 pm - Ger now wants me to hurry up so we could get to the mall and be back in time to go see the movie. Around this time, I was already upset. What the heck?!?! Didn't I just tell him a while ago that I wanted to go to the mall and I don't want any pressure.

6:05 pm - We got to Santa Rosa Mall. Ger gave me 20 MINUTES to get the things that I wanted. WHO THE HECK GOES SHOPPING FOR 20 MINUTES?!?!? I kept telling him that and I know it isn't his fault, it's nobody's fault. But why was I now the one pigeon holed into this situation when I clearly laid out my plan an hour ago. Ger knows that if there's one thing that I LOATHE most, it's being rushed.

6:30 pm - After almost running around the mall like some sort of a headless chicken. We were on our way home. There was a bit of remaining Bay-Area-after-rush-hour traffic. At this point Ger was uncertain if they'll make the movie. But it's just showing in Oakmont, like 3 minutes away from where MIL lives.

6:50 pm - We made it home. Just in time for the movie. And as luck would have it, MIL now decides she didn't want to go watch the movie after all.

Everybody now say, "Great!!!". With a hint of frustration and sarcasm.

Ger now suggests that he will just get the yogurt after all (that errand I was talking about). MIL says she doesn't need it.

I think I've set the world record for shortest shopping time. Who in the book of leisure shopping history does that?!?!?!

I still managed to get an antibacterial lotion, a lip gloss, Winnie the Pooh fleece blanket, Winnie the Pooh journal and a black cropped pants I can wear to work. Oh and some weird stares that clearly says, "why the heck is she running around the mall?!"

Trust me, I was not happy about it, the rushed shopping that is.

Tomorrow is when we're going back to Fallon. I already told Ger even before coming to Santa Rosa, CA that I want to stop at both Petaluma Premium Outlets and Vacaville Premium Outlets. I want to get a birthday present for myself (quite late, I know but I wanted to get something I really like). Patience isn't my cup of tea, if I had waited this long, it means I REALLY wanted to get something that means to me.

He said we'll do it on our way home and we pretty much planned to leave early so I can get into the outlets with a lot of time to shop and not be pressured, unlike what happened at the mall.

You could say, I could shop when we get to Nevada or next time around. I waited WEEKS to get something for me on my birthday. That's what happens when you live in a small town where the only place you can get something is WalMart and Safeway. NO MALLS, at all. Reno is about an hour and 20 minutes away. So when is next time around, really? When we're back in the countryside, we have jobs waiting for us and with my crazy schedule, who knows when we'll get the chance to just go shopping in Reno.

And just about 2 hours ago, Ger told me that the plans may slightly change because he has to go get some yogurt because MIL needs it and some other errands to ran too.

Again, everybody say. "Great!!!!!". Now, with more than a hint of sarcasm and frustration

3 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, GREAT! :-) haha. goodness. i understand your frustration, ugh!

Anonymous said...

i know.. right?

ugh!

h. said...

GREAT!!!

*hugs*

i'm wondering what the birthday gift is :-)