so what really happened...

this post is a continuation or a conclusion of my previous post.

I found a box with some of his past in it (letters and rings). One ring had bothered me the most. It was a beautiful. Inside in an old black velvet dusty box was an engagement ring.

What crossed my mind was exactly this, "What the fuck is this engagement ring doing here? Why is he keeping his ex's engagement ring here? In our house? WHY?".

Those were the screaming thoughts in my head. Fuming mad thoughts.

While all this was happening, he was at work. We were exchanging texts. Him, trying to explain and calm me down. Me, trying to break up with him and things one might say in anger.

He got home late at night. We had the talk.

He said that he forgot all about those letters. He wasn't aware it was still there. And he tossed ALL of it out. Good.

And he proceeded to tell me that the engagement ring hasn't been given to anybody. Nobody had deserved it. No ex has seen it and certainly, have had it.

You know what else sucks? He told me he was planning to give it to me on our trip to the Philippines next year. But I blew it. And um, now I just have to wait for the surprise.

The thing is, I love surprises. BUT I absolutely hate it when somebody tells me they have a surprise for me. It drives me crazy. Which brings to the other thing that I hate, waiting. I absolutely have no patience for surprises.

But I guess, I'll just have to wait.

Bitch.

2 comment(s):

Andrea said...

Oh. Wow. I'm so happy everything ended up working out. That does suck that you'll just have to wait.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I'm glad you guys worked it out. x