Here's me hoping..



Tomorrow I have an appointment with the editor of the local newspaper in town, the Lahontan Valley News. I'm going in for a freelance correspondent position. A friend of mine referred me to the editor.

This isn't my first time meeting him nor it's my first attempt to get my foot in the door at the newspaper. But it never really bothered me. I've never expected to get in so easily, even as a correspondent.

It's not that my self confidence is low or not that I don't care. It's more of I don't want to disappoint myself. Journalism is what I went to college for. College felt like eons ago. It's been a while and I am quite rusty but I am up for the challenge. Yet I am still longing to write. I'm still longing for the glory of the "by line". I just want to write stories. Hard news, in fact.

So tomorrow, at 4pm, I will know if the Universe will grant me this secret longing of mine, an opportunity to write again.


0 comment(s):